Before downloading Ninjatrader, we will see a small guide of recommendations and requirements for the platform to work properly. We recommend downloading from its official site, as ninja trader has a free demo account.
NinjaTrader 8 Installation Guide
Minimum Computer RequirementsFor NinjaTrader 8 to work, your computer must meet the minimum requirements listed below.
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2012 or later
- 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or faster. 32 bit or 64 bit processor
- 2GB RAM
- Microsoft . NET 4.8
- (pre-installed on most PC’s and can also be downloaded in : Microsoft .NET Framework)
- Minimum screen resolution 1024 x 768
- Support for DirectX 10 graphics card is highly recommended.
Recommended PC Specifications
The NinjaTrader 8 platform was designed to take advantage of modern PC architecture. To achieve the best possible level of performance, NinjaTrader 8 will utilize all available core CPUs and additional memory. Depending on your actual usage with NinjaTrader, you may need more or less resources than the typical user. Additional memory would be a direct benefit if you use strategy optimization, and the amount of additional memory you need is proportional to the number of core CPUs available.
- 2 (GHz) or faster 64-bit processor
- 8 GB RAM
- DirectX 10 graphics card support
- SSD Hard Drive
How to download NinjaTrader 8?
We recommend that you always download from the official link. Avoid third party links.
- If you do not have the Microsot.NET 4.8 framework installed on your computer, please download and install it from the following link.
- Download and Install NinjaTrader.
- System Firewall – NinjaTrader contacts our in-application license server for license data validation. If you have a firewall, spyware, or any other such system on your computer, please be sure to give NinjaTrader permission to access the internet, otherwise you may receive a message that your license is invalid or expired.
- Activating the Live Trading Platform – If you registered to use the simulated version you can skip this step.
- A license code to activate the live platform will be emailed to you minutes after you make your purchase (check your inbox if you do not receive it).
- Launch NinjaTrader, select the Help menu > License Access in the Control Center and enter your License Number.
- Once installation is complete, please review the appropriate Connection Guide to establish a connection with your broker or your market data provider.
If you want to download the platform click on the following button:
Is it possible to download NinjaTrader strategies?
Of course, you will be able to download and create your own strategies. For the latter, you can use tools like Strategy Generator that allow you to design step by step your own trading strategy without coding.