Trading is an activity that has become very popular in recent years and about which there is still a lot of ignorance. In the following lines we will try to explain what is trading and how you can generate income.
What is currency trading
Trading consists of buy and sell listed assets (stocks, currencies, commodities or companies) with a lot of market liquidityusing an online platform with the aim of obtaining short-term economic profitability.
Fundamentally, it is about buy assets to sell them at a higher price as well as selling assets to buy them back at a lower price. It is a type of investment where you get high returns but that carries significant risks.
Traders buy and sell financial assets (stocks, currencies, bonds, etc.), while monitoring market price trends in real time, in order to generate profits in a short space of time.
Do not confuse a trader with an investor. The main difference between the two is in the way of investing. While the investor carries out long-term operations, with less risk and looking for a safe return, the trader carries out short-term operations, hence he has to be aware of the market trendshigher risk operations and seeking immediate profitability.
types of trading
If you want to know more about what currency trading is and how to generate income, first of all you should know the types of trading that exist. Among the best known are the following:
DayTrading: the investor opens and closes the trades within the same trading day. It is a way of investing in the very short term since operations are not usually left open to continue the next day.
swing trading: in the swing trading trades can be left open at the end of the day and usually last for several days. It is aimed at those traders who are more patient and can wait a few days (until the market trend rises to the point they want) to close their trades.
Position trading or long-term trading: it is the longest of all, with which it can take several months to close the operation. It is a type of trading especially for traders who do not need to see the results of their trades immediately.
Trend or directional trading: they do not have a time limit and consist of taking positions in the market in favor of the trend.
Get started in trading
To get started in this activity, it is best to learn trading and not throw yourself into the void. There are a few free alternatives you can check out before you start:
- In Youtube You have many video tutorials that allow you to learn. There are videos from the most basic to the most advanced.
- Broker websites They offer articles that teach us to develop our knowledge on this subject.
- webinars which are an excellent way to learn trading as it is an interactive training that involves a tutor and a group of traders.
- Books specialized trading.
In short, can you generate income with trading?
The question everyone asks when they first hear about trading is can you make money trading?
Trading is a good way to earn extra money. But for this, it is important to take into account the following:
- trading is a long-term investment that requires training, methodology, discipline and time. It is not an easy way to make money.
- It is necessary to develop a trading strategy that works long term, not just at specific times. It requires being very cautious and disciplined with our money management in tradingnot taking excessive risks that are lethal in the long run.
- And mainly, you need invest in training. Carry out certain higher studies or specialization courses in academies oriented to this type of activity such as ours.
In recent years, and especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, many people have become interested in this activity. The key is to learn and dedicate time to training. Only in this way will you be able to know exactly what currency trading is and how to generate income.
One of the main pieces of advice that I would give to any trader in their beginnings is to practice as much as possible in demo accounts. What does this mean? Being able to practice without making any investment. These accounts allow trading in simulated market mode. In other words, they offer the possibility of operating the same assets that real clients operate, but in this case without money and introducing fictitious or virtual orders.
If you want to launch yourself into the world of trading, trust Traders Business School where we have several training programs to start from scratch in this exciting activity.